Tungsten inert gas welding equipment details Part 2
|Image by welder referer|
- tungsten electrode
- welding machine (constant current-CC, AC, DC+, DC- or AC/DC). There are advantages to getting a machine that is designed for TIG welding in order to stay balanced during the weld (see below for explanation). Regardless of type, a high frequency unit must be built in or attached.
- torch or electrode holder
- shielding gas supply (helium, argon or mixture): argon better for thinner metals due to lower heat requirement
- filler metal rod
- personal safety equipment
- the welding machine, or power source
- the welding electrode holder and the tungsten electrode
- the shielding gas supply and controls
- Several optional accessories are available, which include a foot rheostat to control the current while welding, water circulating systems to cool the electrode holders, and arc timers.