The Advantage Oxyacetylene Welding
- It’s easy to learn.
- The equipment is cheaper than most other types of welding rigs (e.g. TIG welding)
- The equipment is more portable than most other types of welding rigs (e.g.TIG welding)
- OA equipment can also be used to “flame-cut” large pieces of material.
Disadvantages of Oxy-Acetylene Welding
- OA weld lines are much rougher in appearance than other kinds of welds, and require more finishing if neatness is required.
- OA welds have large heat affected zones (areas around the weld line that have had their mechanical properties adversely affected by the welding process